Eggs and bunnies abound at CY Easter celebration
By Emily Bishop
Aunt Cicely is taking a much-deserved break this month but will be back in the June issue with new tales to tell about what has been happening in our neighborhood. She left us with these great photos from the Easter egg hunt on March 27th at the community playgound at Peabody School. Folks from the Neighborhood Church invited all the neighbors in Cooper-Young to the playground, where they hid about 1,000 eggs and held three different age- appropriate hunts for the children. Families came with picnic lunches and enjoyed visiting and watching the excitement. Photos with the Easter Bunny were a highlight of the day.
1. Josh Spickler with his son, Patrick, who is keeping an eye on the big furry bunny.
2. Asuka and Evan Yow of Walker Avenue
4. Calvin Leitzell of Nelson Avenue
4. Ozge Kovarik with her boys, Darrin and Asher, checking out their basket of eggs.
5. Adrianne Braun with daughter Cecilia Ross in her blue Easter bonnet.
6. Members of this fall’s entering kindergarten class at Peabody: Walt Spickler, Adam Grisham, Maddox Kelley, Meredith Lareau, and Charlotte Blondis.