CY Society July 2010
1. Joey and Carmen Weaver, of Rembert, added a sweet little boy to the neighborhood! Luke Judson was born June 18th and weighed in at 8 lbs., 3 oz.
2. Elzey residents Brontá and Libby Chapman were married on May 30th at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church.Congratulations to the happy couple!
3. Evelyn resident Lyndon Thomas shows off the whopper he caught at his grandparents’ house in Arkansas.
4. Avery and Paxton Word of Nelson Avenue enjoyed a trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama, in June. Presumably their parents, Jason and Jennifer, were there too, since someone had to take this cute picture!
5. John Kinsey, CYCA board president, served up ice cream during the June general meeting on the deck at First Congo.
6. Kellyn and Kyle Gowen, of Elzey (along with baby Gray, who’s not pictured) took a trip recently to Scottsdale, Arizona, where they climbed Camel Back Mountain.
7. The birthday girl is attended by her well-wishers at the “Life is Good on Evelyn Avenue” surprise birthday bash for Beverly Greene’s 60th birthday. Lots of friends from Cooper-Young and beyond attended the party on June 12th at the home of June and Justin Hurt.
9. Newlyweds Rachel and Dan Henderson of Elzey spent their wedding weekend in May at the summer camp they both grew up going to, and where Rachel’s parents also met! It rained all weekend, but Rachel and Dan’s family and friends didn’t mind, as they helped the happy couple celebrate their nuptials.
8. The CY running moms made another good showing at the Zoom Through the Zoo race on May 27. Pictured are Philadelphia residents Mandy, Micah and Adam Grisham, Heather, Dominic and Vance Caron, of Young, Susan, Josiah and Mason Currier, of Nelson, and Jennifer and Noah Hardesty of Young.
10. Aaron James of Felix enjoyed the live music and fried catfish at the Old Taylor Grocery during his visit to Taylor, MS.
11. On June 12, Oliver residents Glen and Shelley Thomas, along with sons, Lyndon and Colin, returned to the spot where it all started — the National Ornamental Metal Museum, where Glen and Shelley were married six years prior.
CY Society wants YOU… to send in your pictures!
Email pictures and info of your weddings, fun trips, new babies, parties, anniversaries, accomplishements, and more to email@example.com. If it’s good news in Cooper-Young, Aunt Cicely wants to hear about it!”