Volunteers needed for mural on Barksdale overpass
As you may have noticed, the railroad underpass located on South Barksdale Street just south of Central Avenue, which joins Cooper-Young and Central Gardens, has recently been a hotspot for urban art. As such a highly utilized venue, we feel this is the perfect location for a community-sponsored permanent work of art.
We plan to complete this project, start to finish, through volunteer efforts and donations. For ideal temperature conditions, our tentative date will be set in March. We ask that you, our neighbors, join us in this endeavor!
There are several ways in which you can help:
1. Clean up: Physical removal of debris, pressure washing of underpass, and fresh paint for our mural surface.
2. Supplies: Paint and painting supplies. This project is designed to utilize any and all paint colors donated, so even your old paint cans could be useful.
3. Painting: Everyone is invited to help, no matter your skill level. Once the underpass is prepared, a mural will be drawn to be painted. You are invited to help in any portion of the process you feel you can. Together we can make a magnificent piece of art to enhance our community!
4. Funding: Monetary requirements will be based on our needs after donations. Since work will be completed by volunteers, 100 percent of donations will fund the project materials. The projected cost for this project is $500. The more donations we receive, the better quality materials we will be able to afford, such as anti-graffiti and water sealants.
To make a donation of funds or supplies, please contact us at email@example.com
We welcome your comments and suggestions on any portion of this project.
– Cooper-Young Community Association