Discounts and live music at October Night Out
By Tamara Cook/Cooper Young Business Association
October’s First Thursday Night Out will be Oct. 4 from 5-9 p.m. Playing at the gazebo this month is local singer/songwriter Tori Tollison, rocking around from 6-9 p.m. She will be singing new songs from her newly released CD titled “Tori Tollison Live Acoustic.”
Gather with your friends at the corner of Cooper Street and Young Avenue to enjoy live music and stroll around the neighborhood to enjoy discounts on everything from high heels and sushi to kittens and tattoos.
Check out these specials, dining discounts and fun things to get into while you are in CY:
– Alchemy – Discover a whole new world of creative drinking at Memphis’ hottest bar.
– Allie Cat Arts – Group exhibition with 25 local artists.
– ARTjamN – Live painting – groups, singles or couples welcome 5-8 p.m., enter drawing
– Beauty Shop restaurant – Specials on drinks at the bar
– Burke’s Book Store – $1 book sidewalk sale, Ann Fisher-Wirth reading and signing of newest book, Dream Cabinet, starts 5:30 p.m., reading at 6 p.m.
– Café Ole restaurant – Happy hour drink specials from 4-7 p.m., live music on the patio 8-10 p.m.
Celtic Crossing Irish Pub & Restaurant – Music on the patio, acoustic rock and blues with Jason Evans and Tony Boyd at 6 p.m., half off Celtic Combo, special discounts on Coors beer
– Central BBQ – Half-price BBQ nachos, $5 pitcher of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, music on the patio
– Charm Boutique – Showcasing new fall collection: Ten percent off purchases. Champagne and cookies while you visit.
– Cooper Cottage Daycare – Daycare available for hourly charge during Night Out.
– Cortona Contemporary Italian – The Randy Ballard Jazz Collective 7-9:30 p.m., happy hour specials all night, $5 cocktails and $2.50 domestic beers
– David Perry Smith Gallery – Art Galley open from 5 – 8pm
– Do Sushi and Lounge – Special Cooper-Young signature roll
– Goner Records – Discounts throughout the store
– House of Mews – 50 percent off approved cat adoptions, 20 percent off retail purchases
– Imagine Vegan Café – $3 beer/musical performances, free appetizer with purchase of two entrees
– Inbalance Fitness – Half price group fitness class (1 per person), $2 off any punch care purchase. For class schedule go to www.inbalancegroupfitness.com/classschedule.html
– Jasmine Thai Restaurant – 10 perecent off whole dinner, eat in or take out
– Java Cabana – Open Microphone Night/poetry readings, happy hour on specialty drinks
– Literacy Mid-South – Stop by for information on volunteering at the MLC
Loudeans – Come see their new, expanded space and FLAX discount sale, soaps and vintage
Memphis Gay & Lesbian Community Center – Come visit.
Midtown Martial Arts – Just $5 for us to babysit the children on Night Out.
Mulan Bistro – Stop by the hibachi grill on the sidewalk: shrimp, filet, chicken and tofu.
Painted Planet – Artist demonstrations, live music, 50 percent off gallery jewelry
Soul Fish Café – Buy one adult entree, get a child’s entree free.
Sweet Grass/Next Door – Live music with Scott Grimes. Bar plates and cocktail specials
The Polish Bottle – Ladies Night Out Party starting at 4 p.m. Reserve now. Free martinis with your service.
Toad Hall Antiques – “Holiday Tablescapes” from 5-8 p.m. Meet with Memphis interior designer David Liles, who will answer questions and show you fun, creative and inexpensive ways to decorate for the upcoming holidays.
Tsunami – Visit the patio and the new bar.
Underground Art – Buy one piercing, get half off next piercing, bring a friend to share. Ten percent off tattoos.
Young Avenue Deli – $3 Special Pint / Trivia Night, kids eat free with purchase of adult entrée