MLGW to Promote Gas Safety Awareness April 12
(April 9, 2013)—Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division and Lowe’s locations in Shelby County are teaming up to promote natural gas safety awareness on Friday, April 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
MLGW Gas Engineering employees will have display tables at several Lowe’s locations to provide information on gas safety, which is especially relevant in the springtime, when many homeowners and contractors engage in digging, excavating, landscaping and gardening, as well as home and business construction projects. There will be information available about Tennessee One Call, the national 811 safe digging hotline and the “Call before You Dig” law.
There will also be information on:
- Pipeline purpose and reliability
- Awareness of hazards and prevent measures
- Damage prevention awareness
- One-call requirements for transmission pipelines
- Leak recognition and response
Below is a list of participating Lowe’s locations:
- 430 Germantown Parkway, Cordova TN
- 585 N. Perkins Road, Memphis, TN
- 8490 Highway 51 North, Millington TN
- 8300 Highway 64, Bartlett TN
- 425 New Byhalia Road, Collierville TN
- 7895 Winchester Road, Memphis TN
For more information about Tennessee One Call, visit http://www.tennessee811.com/.