By-laws revisions come up for vote
While the Cooper-Young Community Association strives for consistency, it is occasionally necessary to update the organization’s by-laws so that they are reflective of current structure, abilities, and technological resources. In 2016, the CYCA Board of Directors reviewed and proposed revisions to the organization’s by-laws; we have also consulted with legal counsel to further improve this document.
Voting for these proposed changes will take place Thursday, March 30th. Votes will be accepted electronically (via email to email@example.com) until 7 p.m. Members may also vote in person by visiting the CYCA office at 2298 Young from 2-7 p.m. that day. All voters are asked to include their name and address for membership verification. Votes will be counted, and the results published as soon as possible.
• Add legal definitions for activities, distribution of assets upon disillusion, and tax exempt status (Article I Name and Purpose)
• Clarify definitions of membership (Article II Members)
• Specify voting period and methods for annual election of executive board (Article IV Elections)
• Amend list of required committees to remove the Nominating Committee and add the Personnel Committee (Article VII Committees)
• Add Article IX Indemnification
• Add Article X Conflict of Interest Policy
For the full verbiage of these changes, please visit our Facebook page or contact us at 901-272-2922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will post links to the proposed changes on all social media platforms and send out via our email list. We will also have proposed changes available in hard copy at the CYCA office; pick-up is available any time during regular office hours. Our website is temporarily down but, should it become available, this document will also be available at cooperyoung.org. — Kristen Schebler